The Golf Pro is responsible for participating in the golf program and ensuring that this program contributes to the overall success of the facility. This position is responsible for and will demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm in generating revenue, developing programs, marketing ideas and providing safe, fun, current, scientifically sound and physiologically effective golf programs, lessons, camps and clinics. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality standards established for our golf program and high standard of professionalism set for our golf pros.
- Teach lessons in accordance with Columbia Super Range standards.
- Promote the Columbia Super Range, Columbia Athletic Clubs facilities, programs and lessons in keeping with our mission statement and core values.
- Support the General Manager in running of facility.
- Generate lesson & program revenue – Develop, design and implement golf programs and lessons. Includes preparation of monthly programs, calendar, group lessons, promotional material and marketing.
- Maintain professionalism and standards of pros continuing education.
- Assist in training front desk staff in golf procedures, promotion and scheduling.
- Handle record keeping for lessons, programs and camps.
- Work shifts and cover front desk as needed.
- Oversee condition of facility to ensure they are kept clean and up to standard. Collect ball containers and return to front desk as necessary.
- Serve as a teaching professional.
- Be actively involved in the development, organization, conduct, and participate in of promotional activities.
- Write program updates and articles on golf tips and special classes for newsletter .
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Certification by PGA or LPGA
- High School diploma, G.E.D., or higher
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures and equipment used in golf industry.
- Ability to supervise front desk staff effectively.
- Well organized and accurate in the handling of paperwork and record keeping.
- Thorough knowledge of golf instruction with the ability to instruct individuals and groups.
- Ability to effectively express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively with people and skill in teaching and motivating them in a positive and constructive manner.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Minimum of five years of golf instruction is preferred
- Available to work varied schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to follow directions & complete tasks in a timely manner.